The complete guide to connect Akeneo PIM to your online translation solution
#Who is your connector for?
Below, you will find the user archetypes we use to help you guide your decisions about product features, interactions, and even the visual design of your connector. Designing for the archetype — whose goals and behavior patterns are well understood — allows you to satisfy the broader group of people represented by that archetype.
Below, you will find the main needs, associated with each user profile, in terms of process, documentation, actions related to your future online translation connector.
Julia needs an easy way to translate her product information.
So she needs:
- An easy way to select, in her Akeneo PIM, the products she wants to translate via her online translation solution.
- For the selected products, a friendly UI allowing her to choose:
- into which language(s) the products need to be translated.
- the deadline.
- a project name to track this translation process in her online translation tool.
- An friendly UI to be able to track directly in the PIM if the products have been translated.
#Peter and/or Filips' needs
Peter and/or Filips need an easy way to install and configure your connector.
So they need:
- An easy to follow download/installation process: to retrieve and install your connector. It actually depends on your business model. If you expect your client to install the connector themselves, make sure you provide appropriate documentation.
- A full documentation about the limits of your connector
- An easy to follow configuration process to set up the connection between Akeneo PIM and your online translation solution as well as parameters to configure the connector.
- An access to the connector logs to check the whole history and to be able to investigate errors.