The complete guide to connect Akeneo PIM to your eCommerce solution
#Define the scope of your first version
#Which version / edition of the PIM should my connector be “compatible” with?
Of course, the choice of the PIM version/edition depends on your business but we strongly encourage you to develop a connector that is fully compatible with our latest Serenity edition.
Please, start here to connect the PIM with the API!
#Which eCommerce solution versions should my connector be compatible with?
It depends on your eCommerce solution and your business strategy.
You have to choose these versions according to:
- The number of potential users owning this version.
- The lifetime of this version. It is useless to specifically develop a version compatible with a version of your eCommerce solution if this one won't exist anymore in a couple of months.
#What are Akeneo's recommendations to build the first iteration of an eCommerce connector release?
Our recommendation: always listen to your customer's needs first!
We are aware that it is difficult and expensive in terms of investment to achieve a 100% complete eCommerce connector that is flexible enough to adapt to any customer project.
Furthermore, to build such a complex connector as an eCommerce connector in a single iteration would undoubtedly be too complex to specify.
Our advice: adopt an Agile approach!
- Interview your future potential customers about their needs
- Set priorities based on the most generic needs
- Develop in successive iterations